Feds Announce Surprise Plan To End Use Of Military Facilities For Immigrant Children

On Monday, the DHS announced that it would soon end it use of three military bases to house illegal immigrant children apprehended at the southwest U.S. border.


“To prudently manage its resources, HHS’s Administration for Children and Families will be suspending these temporary facilities,” said Administration for Children and Families spokesman Kenneth Wolfe.

“We are able to take this step because we have proactively expanded capacity to care for children in standard shelters, which are significantly less costly facilities.”

Daily Caller

This is an about face, after last week another plan was annnounced to extend the use of the military facilities from their original 120-day contracts through Jan. 31, 2015.

Though the unaccompanied children were mostly apprehended by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents, U.S. law requires that children from countries that do not border the U.S. be turned over to the care of HHS. The agency is required to place the kids in the care of relatives or other sponsors while they await deportation proceedings.

Smaller shelters operated by non-profit organizations have traditionally been used to house the unaccompanied children. But the military facilities were tapped in order to deal with an unprecedented surge of the Central American illegals. The Obama administration expects 90,000 unaccompanied children to be apprehended this year. That is more than triple last year’s total.

We already know these diseased criminals are released into the public, until their immigration hearing.

Wolfe says less kids are now crossing the border, is why the change of plans. That, we know is a lie.

Citing “substantial uncertainty” going forward, Wolfe stated that “in the near-term the three temporary shelters on military bases could be re-opened for a limited time if the number of children increases significantly.”

“In order to balance managing costs with limited available resources and remaining prepared for sudden increases in the number of children needing care, HHS’s Administration for Children and Families plans to continue caring for unaccompanied children through a combination of standard shelters and surge capacity shelters.”

Daily Caller

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: